So, you have been enjoying everything that marijuana has to offer. There is so much to enjoy and, many times, you will find that there are many people who are going to want to partake with you. But, should you drive afterwards?
Why Are Marijuana DUI’s a Thing?
The fact is, marijuana can be just as impairing as alcohol. And, because of that, drug based DUI’s (including those for marijuana) are something that need to be taken into consideration and that people are charged with on a fairly regular basis. Do you need to worry about it, though? Is it something that you need to think about? Here are ten facts that will make you stop and think twice about possibly getting behind the wheel after using marijuana.
Ten Facts That Will Make You Pause and Think Twice
- While marijuana driving is less dangerous than drunk driving, it is still dangerous.
- There is still no reliable DUI test for marijuana.
- Since most accidents are caused by alcohol, police rarely test for drugs because of positive alcohol testing.
- Multiple Drugs Are Usually Involved in DUI cras
- After alcohol, marijuana is the drug most often linked to drugged driving.
- Under-experienced drivers that use drugs end up with big issues behind the wheel.
- Marijuana DUI’s can result in license suspension of 90 days or more.
- Marijuana DUI cases can take a long time to work through and figure out, so appeals can be difficult.
- There are only a few attorneys that have specific experience regarding the marijuana DUI and what can happen with them.
- If you’re someone that plans on using drugs or alcohol, make sure that you have a plan in place so that you and those around you are safe.